Worcestershire Web Masters and Internet Group
The Worcestershire Web Masters and Internet Group (WWIG) comprises Freemasons in the Province of Worcestershire who use the internet to support and enhance their Masonic activities.
The aims and objectives of the Group are to:
- Promote the use of the internet in the Province. This covers all aspects of the internet, including email and the world wide web.
- Provide experienced Masonic internet users, including secretaries and web masters, with a help and support network.
- Provide guidance and assistance to those looking to develop internet-based services, such as websites.
- Host regular meetings and training sessions in support of the Province's on-line Masonic community.
- Provide input to the Worcestershire Website Standards Committee.
Membership of the Group is open to all Worcestershire Freemasons who have an interest in computing and the internet. We hold regular meetings, at which ideas are discussed and information shared.
It is a mandatory requirement of the Provincial Website Standard that all web masters of a Masonic website join the Group. This requirement is to facilitate information sharing and to ensure every Masonic website has a nominated point of contact.
The Group is based at Northfield Masonic Hall, although it regularly holds meetings at other venues in the Province.
If you would like to join the Worcestershire Web Masters and Internet Group, or have any questions about its work, please contact the Secretary.